WELCOME Guest!

Login Or Register!

Thx
WELCOME Guest!

Login Or Register!

Thx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home-=FFF=- NewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» POzdrav..Hello
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyJune 21st 2013, 1:52 pm by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

» -=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyJune 11th 2013, 7:40 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Nice match ;)
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyMay 14th 2013, 10:37 am by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

» ScreenShots
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 30th 2013, 5:40 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Battlefield 2 Hit Detection Test
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 29th 2013, 6:50 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Old Forum Archives
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 26th 2013, 12:46 pm by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 26th 2013, 7:05 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» I WAS good
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 8:48 pm by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» -=FFF=-AMBRO Intro
Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 5:21 am by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
Old Forum Archives
Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
Nice match ;)
Battlefield 2 Orange Text
Battlefield 2 Resolution Fix
-=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
POzdrav..Hello
Battlefield 2 Frag Movie By ArmyProtector
Rooster List
Previous ScreenShots & Videos
Most active topics
Nice match ;)
-=FFF=-AMBRO Intro
I WAS good
-=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
Wanna say Hey
POzdrav..Hello
Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
ScreenShots
Most active topic starters
-=FFF=-C0BRA
Battlefield 2 Orange Text I_vote_lcapBattlefield 2 Orange Text I_voting_barBattlefield 2 Orange Text I_vote_rcap 
-=FFF=-AntiTank
Battlefield 2 Orange Text I_vote_lcapBattlefield 2 Orange Text I_voting_barBattlefield 2 Orange Text I_vote_rcap 
-=FFF=-PREDATOR
Admin
[cMc]Saint
Top posters
-=FFF=-C0BRA
-=FFF=-PREDATOR
-=FFF=-AntiTank
-=FFF=-AMBRO
Admin
[cMc]Saint
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-=FFF=-C0BRA
Administrator
Administrator
-=FFF=-C0BRA

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield 2 Orange Text   Battlefield 2 Orange Text EmptyApril 13th 2013, 11:52 am

Hey, i bet you guys have been seeing screenshots around different forums and seeing that some people have things like "You Owned (name)" instead of "You killed (name)". Well today we can learn how to do that big_smile This tutorial will show you how to personalize your HUD with changing the words displayed when you or someone kills someone else.

1: Locate your Localization Folder!

90% of the time your localization folder will be found at
C:/Program Files/EAGAMES/Battlefield2/mods/bf2/localization/english

If you are up to the date with the latest patch you should see 5 icons in there. If this is your first time doing this they will most likely look as if they arent formatted. To open one of them, double click the one labelled "English" and it should bring up a window asking you what program you want to use to open it with. Select notepad from the list and you will notice that the file extention is now UTXT. Now everytime you go to open a UTXT file, it should open in notepad.

1.2: MOST IMPORTANT STEP OF THEM ALL

Immediately upon opening, you want to click save as and save this somewhere (your desktop for example) This is an incredibly crucial step when editing/coding anything. ALWAYS make a backup file incase you fuck up! smile

2. What to edit and what not to edit

Okay, when you open this folder you will most likely be scared and cower to the nearest computer, when your done that, come back and we will continue the tutorial. Anyways, when you see that document you should see  something like this:

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Editingtext1

Now, we need not worry, scroll down a couple times and it will start to look like real words wink Now, i've scrolled down a bit so that i may label what you can and can't touch. Have a look:

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Editingtext2

2.5: Knowing what to edit and what it will do

Okay, this is pretty easy to make out. Alls you need is the knowledge to know what is what. For example:
Say that on the left it says "KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m16a2". That should tell you alot of things, first, KILLMESSAGE means that it is the message shown when someone is killed. Which are displayed up in the top left corner of your ingame screen. next is WEAPON, which tells you that it is a weapon. And lastly the m16a2, which tells you that the weapon name is the m16a2. So, you have now located the part where it displays a message for people killed by an m16a2. If you look slightly to the left of the KILLMESSAGE part, you will see two boxes, then M16A2, then two more boxes. In between those two boxes is what is displayed, and this is where you edit!

So, lets change it to something. For example, if you delete the text in there, and put "Banana" your kill message will look something like this:

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Banana

Now, what could be more fun than killing someone with a banana? lol.
Anywho, you can go on down the list creating weird names for them all, it's good for a laugh smile But if you think tactical, you may want to do what I do, beside the weapon name put the kit name. you can get the name of the guns and the kit name from the Wiki section at bf2s.com [ http://wiki.bf2s.com/ ] This has helped me quite a bit actually. It's nice knowing what kit everyone has, also allows you to take a kit that may be good against the oposing kit. (This is especially helpful to people that aren't familiar with the weapons in the game yet)

So thats just the Killmessage part. Now on to bigger fish tongue

3: Let the editing begin!
Okay, so you know how to change a killmessage but can you change other things? I'll teach you some tricks of the trade wink

First, you may have been playing and seen what people call 'The Orange Name Glitch'. Well we can get that on your HUD by doing the following:

Find what you want to modify, i've chosen to change my "You killed" message to show the player's name that i killed in orange. So what i will do is where it says §0# is will change that to §C1001# and where it says #§1  i will change it to #§C1001. So you should go from this

§0#PLAYERNAME#§1

to this

§C1001#PLAYERNAME#§C1001

i now get this message:

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Youowned

Cool huh? You can change alot of things to be that color, like, up where we did the weapon name change, so that it appears in orange like so:

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Lawllawl3mf

Locate this line: HUD_HUD_KILLEDBY_KILLS        
§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§0#WEAPON#§1] #PLAYERNAME2#

and replace the

"§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§0#WEAPON#§1] #PLAYERNAME2#"

with  

§0#PLAYERNAME1# [§C1001#WEAPON#§C1001] #PLAYERNAME2#

and that shall be it!

Play around with this stuff guys, just always make a backup before you try to edit anything. I won't take any responsibility for you fucking up your game or having it not work. So MAKE A BACKUP!

Now, heres some of my edits, each of them, you can do using this tutorial!

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Foget5id

Battlefield 2 Orange Text Nglshagjklbnksalha1im

Thanks guys, hopefully you guys find this usefull! big_smile

Tearsofromance // PunkX

Edit: If anyone needs help with this feel free to PM me or post your problem here, i wil try my best to help you out!

Braught to you by Tearsofromance // PunkX of bf2s.com ( http://www.bf2s.com )

Back to top Go down
http://gamehelpers.tk/

Page 1 of 1