WELCOME Guest!

Login Or Register!

Thx
WELCOME Guest!

Login Or Register!

Thx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home-=FFF=- NewsSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» POzdrav..Hello
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyJune 21st 2013, 1:52 pm by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

» -=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyJune 11th 2013, 7:40 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Nice match ;)
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyMay 14th 2013, 10:37 am by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

» ScreenShots
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 30th 2013, 5:40 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Battlefield 2 Hit Detection Test
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 29th 2013, 6:50 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Old Forum Archives
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 26th 2013, 12:46 pm by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 26th 2013, 7:05 am by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» I WAS good
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 8:48 pm by -=FFF=-C0BRA

» -=FFF=-AMBRO Intro
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 22nd 2013, 5:21 am by -=FFF=-PREDATOR

Similar topics
Most Viewed Topics
Old Forum Archives
Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
Nice match ;)
Battlefield 2 Orange Text
Battlefield 2 Resolution Fix
-=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
POzdrav..Hello
Battlefield 2 Frag Movie By ArmyProtector
Rooster List
Previous ScreenShots & Videos
Most active topics
Nice match ;)
-=FFF=-AMBRO Intro
I WAS good
-=FFF=-COBRA in da house ;)
Wanna say Hey
POzdrav..Hello
Battlefield 2 3rd Person View
ScreenShots
Most active topic starters
-=FFF=-C0BRA
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_vote_lcapHow To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_voting_barHow To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_vote_rcap 
-=FFF=-AntiTank
How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_vote_lcapHow To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_voting_barHow To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 I_vote_rcap 
-=FFF=-PREDATOR
Admin
[cMc]Saint
Top posters
-=FFF=-C0BRA
-=FFF=-PREDATOR
-=FFF=-AntiTank
-=FFF=-AMBRO
Admin
[cMc]Saint
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user

How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
-=FFF=-C0BRA
Administrator
Administrator
-=FFF=-C0BRA

How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 Empty
PostSubject: How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2   How To Delete Intro Movie In Battlefield 2 EmptyApril 3rd 2013, 8:03 am

Disabling the Intro Movies

The introductory movies to BF2, although fun to watch the first couple of times, fast become quite annoying, adding to the startup times for the game, as well as the memory usage (the main movie is 135MB in size). To disable them permanently, I don't recommend deleting the movie files - this may cause problems with verification of client information on certain servers and/or with Punkbuster.

Instead, simply rename the relevant files in your \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\ directory to something else (e.g. rename the Intro.bik to Intro.backup). The files to rename are: Dice.bik, EA.bik, Intro.bik, Legal.bik and Welcome.bik. This will mean the intro movies are all skipped as BF2 starts to load. If you find the movies playing in the background of the Login screen and Settings screens annoying, you can also rename the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik to something else as well.

If you've also renamed/removed the menu.bik and menu_loggedin.bik movies, and don't want a dull grey background in the in-game menus, then download this small BF2_Menu_Logo.zip file (201KB), extract the contents and copy them to your \Movies directory. These small files show the BF2 logo in the background, and look much nicer. Thanks to EdisLeado for preparing these files.

Removing all the original movies from the game can save over 250MB of data being loaded up during the start of the game and being placed into memory - this will help smooth your gameplay particularly for those with less RAM. If for any reason you experience any problems with the game after renaming the movies, simply rename them back to their original names.

Update: Instead of the above, the quick way to disable the intro movies is to simply use the +restart command line command in your BF2 startup icon:

E.g.: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +restart

In Short:

1. Go to the folder where game installed is:
(\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\)

2. Open mods/bf2/movies
(\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies\)

3. Rename:
Dice.bik,
EA.bik,
Intro.bik,
Legal.bik
Welcome.bik

files inside the movie folder to:

Dice.backup,
EA.backup,
Intro.backup,
Legal.backup
Welcome.backup